Jan 31, 2012

S at Springfield, 2012

I spent a most enjoyable weekend at the huge annual Railroad Hobby Show in Springfield, Massachusetts.

As any experienced S scaler would expect, there was some 1:64 modelling in evidence ... but not nearly as much as one sees in HO, N and O.

But I went to the show with modest expectations, deciding I would look for S scale figures with which to populate my home layout and my in-development module for the S Scale Workshop. And I scored big, bringing home almost two dozen S scale people and about 50 birds, dogs and woodland critters.

Most of my people and my dogs came from Artista and it was great to see them in person before purchasing.

For animals, I found birds and critters labelled as HO scale, but which seem pretty large for HO - much better for S.

I also enjoyed meeting, and speaking with, a few S scale enthusiasts, including Dan Navarre at River Raisin Models and modeller Pieter Roos.

- Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval from the moderators. Thanks for your patience.