Sep 24, 2014

16 feet of scenery...

(Click on each image for a larger view)

Division Street sections

Judge Farm sections

This week I finished wiring my modules, with a lot of help from fellow Workshop member Chris Abbott (thanks Chris!)

With wiring behind me, I've been able to turn to scenery. I've added basic ground cover to the four four-foot sections shown in the photos here. I've also ballasted the track.

The photos were taken while the glue was still wet, so there are some pretty evident glue streaks in the ground cover and a funky shine to some areas. That's going away as the glue dries.

(It's exactly the wrong time of year to be doing scenery, too: cool and dry air that doesn't soak up humidity, yet also warm enough that we're not running the furnace. The glue is taking forever to dry...)

While I'm making great progress, I still have six more feet worth of module sections to do: They're wired and ready to run, but still at the pink foam board stage. I'll tackle those next, to get them to the same state as the pieces shown here. Then I can try to get some more detailing done before the North Shore Train Show - happening in 10 days in Laval, Qu├ębec.

I hope to see you there!

- Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval from the moderators. Thanks for your patience.